Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Quick thoughts about Fyrinnae's Loose Shadows

Hi lovelies,

How's your week been so far? Mine started kinda low but things are starting to fall into place now. Life doesn't seem so bad right now. =) After spending MONTHS trying to find a full time job and the frustrations I have been through (you've no idea!), I FINALLY gotten myself a job, starting next Monday. Still feels kinda SURREAL because I thought I was already rejected as they were meant to contact me 2 weeks ago. I heard nothing from them until yesterday, asking me to go in for an interview today at 9am. I was actually expecting an outcome later of this week but I got a callback around 2:30pm informing me that I have gotten the job. So yeh, goodbye bludgy life, hello full time work!

 Anyways, I've been having some pretty good inspirations to blog lately - so stay tune for the more frequent updates (up till the end of this week that is). So, I have received my package that I have won from Jojoba's Fyrinnae's Giveaway last Thursday and finally gave it a try on Saturday.

6 full size Fyrinnae Loose Eye shadows and 1 sample.

She also kindly included Dermablend Cover Creams in Natural Beige #2 1/8 - which works as a concealer OR foundation. Amazing isn't it? I tried it on Saturday and so far so good. I will do a proper review after I tried it for a couple of more times. But if you wanna find out more about this product, check out Jojoba's detailed review HERE.

Here are the colours she sent me : (To find out what Jojoba thinks about this review, click HERE)

Pumpkinfire

Bastet

Immortality

Biker Chic

Avenging Salem

Nijiro

"Pixie Epoxy"

" A must-have for shimmery, sparkling shadows! This is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy": a foiled look without foiling."

My experience so far:

This is how it turned out after spending a good 15 minutes trying to apply Basket. I had my ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer and NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Black Bean as base before applying "Pixie Epoxy".I did follow Jojoba's suggestion to wait for at least 45 seconds before applying the loose shadows - but to my dismay, the glitters didn't really stay on well. 

An upclosed view
As you can see, there aren't much glitter attached on my lid  and there's a pretty huge patch of black shadow on my lid. My crease colour is darker than what the shadow (NYX Single Eyeshadow in Herbs) is like. Although the colour has a looks green, I later found out that the eyeshadow base is black. How did I find out? The tip of brush was in contact at the "intersection" between my lid and crease area while I was trying to pad on the loose shadows and you can see something like a black line forming around that "intersection". Despite all these mess caused (including my glittery face), there isn't much glitter "attached" to my lid - as you can see.

So, I decided to remove the entire eye make up and redo a similar look using normal eyeshadows. It's getting a lil too messy and kinda unfixable (it's too dark thanks to the residual from the tip of my eyeshadow brush)

And this is how the "fixed" look looks like, which I will blog about in the next post or two. :)

My thoughts: 
No doubt the colours are REALLY gorgeous and glittery (yay) but I am still having a problem trying to get the glitters to stick on the lid. I will experience these Fyrinnae Loose Shadows with a single base by itself - for example: ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer without "Prixy Eproxy" or applying it straight onto the Jumbo Eye Pencil and see if I am able to come out with a better outcome. That's pretty much I can say today as I have only tried these once so far. So stay tune for a more detailed reviews and FOTDs using Fyrinnae Loose Powder in the upcoming weeks! =)


Have any of you tried Fyrinnae Loose Shadows? How was your experience with them? Any tips on how to make this glitter sit quietly on your lids? 


XOXO,
A

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh congrats adeline i'm so happy for you. i know EXACTLY how you feel. i moved across the country after studying and couldn't get a job for 2 months and then last week i got 3 job offers in 2 days. i even had to say no to a job that i already accepted to accept the new one that will kick off my career in the area that i actually studied in. congrats again and good luck with the new job, i love your reviews, wish i was still in sydney, would love to meet you one day xoxo

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad looking at the pile of swabs and cotton! It brought back the haunting memory I had with these eye shadow and that tube. I don't know why they work so well for others? Maybe it's because the eye shape of our eyes? I will post a link to your FOTD or reviews once you have tried all the products since you have a blog. I'd just link, not posting the reviews. Thanks for trying them out. I have to say the fixed version looks AWESOME!!! You may just make them work for you after all. They were too messy for me. And yes, I think there is a matte base underneath many colours in the lot I gave you.

By the way, congrats on the job!!! that's the best news in this post. Do review that Dermablend Cover Cream. I can't live without it now.

Gaby Fauchon said...

OMG they all look gorgeous (especially Pumpkinfire)! I LOVE glitters!

Anonymous said...

i do love the dramatic look there! sucks to have so much fall outs tho.. so i rarely use loose eyeshadows!

Anonymous said...

You're not supposed to wait more than 5 seconds for it to dry. If you let it actually dry, the sparkle won't stick at all. Hope this helps! There are video tutorials on using pixie epoxy on Youtube.
:-)

Anonymous said...

thanks for ur honest n humble opinions... ur readers needs them.. =)

noone said...

oh but I do like that dramatic look! Yeah sometimes pigments don't stay on and start flaking off on your face... ugh I hate that! lol. you look really lovely in that pic though :D

Fruity Lashes said...

hmm pigments fall out isn't nice but the result looks pretty good. maybe try to tap off the excess before putting on?

Unknown said...

@ Anonymous #1: Thanks love!! Congrats on getting the job you wanted too. :) Let me know when you decide to pay Sydney a visit sometime soon and we can have coffee. =P Also, leave your name and say hi next time! <3

@Jojoba: Don't be! I think I will just have to figure out the right way to use it. Will probably do some research on YT too. The colours are too pretty to give up! Thanks love! :) Expect a review on that in the next month or so. I have used it twice and I really like it!

@Gaby: THEY ARE REALLY GORGEOUS! I still gotta find a way to wear them though.

@Nic Nic: Yeh, the fall outs was quite a disaster.:(

@Anonymous #2: OH really? Cos according to someone on Jojoba's blog, I was meant to wait for at least 45seconds. I think I will just find a solution on YT. Hehe. Thanks. Say hi next time too. =)

@Anonymous #3: You're welcome. =) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

@Pop Champagne: Thanks hun! :) One thing I don't like about pigments is the fallout :(

@Fruity Lashes:I did but it still didn't work well and the glitter wouldn't stay :(

LinkWithin