Monday, March 28, 2011

RIMMEL LASTING FINISH LIPSTICK Review & Swatches


Every girl needs a LBD (Little Black Dress) in her wardrobe. It's a life saver whenever she couldn't find THE dress for a special occasion. You can never go wrong with LBD. Well, most of the time anyways. 


So, what is the equivalent of LBD in the beauty department? 

It's non other than the improved Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick, the iconic, timelessly stylish staple when you need to look your best, be it a hot date or just a night out with the girls. 

The improved formula of Lasting Finish Lipstick is enriched with 50% longer-wearing colour-boost pigments up to 25% more colour impact than traditional lipsticks. The new Lasting Finish Lipstick promises fresh, only-just-applied-look colour and an intense wear for up to 8 hours. 

Moving on to the upgraded packaging design, the celebrated slanted cap with the embossed crown and further enhanced by a metallic silver ring engraved with the Rimmel signature simple screams sleek, luxurious and sophisticated! 

Rimmel face Zooey Deschanel looks hot in Heartbreaker (016) in the new Lasting Finish ad. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick comes in a dazzling array of vibrant colours!!! There are 21 of them to be precise, including new shades alongside the likes of perennial favourite Heather Shimmer (066). From delicate pink Candy (002) to lush mauve Purple Show (120), from nude Undressed (240) to sizzling orange Firecracker (214) and seeing-red Alarm (170).

I, myself am a proud owner of Pink Blush (006), Airy Fairy (070), Alarm(170) and Crush (202).
:)


Kristina was kind enough to send me a few of the newly improved Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick to try out. Look at how sleek the new packaging is!!!!

 You can be the judge when you scroll down to the next picture as I took a photo using my Alarm (with the old packaging) instead. 

- Guestlist, Nude Pink, Heartbreaker, Birthday Suit and Alarm - 

See what I mean by the new sleek packaginggg????
Absolute loves!!!

I was a tad surprised that I didn't squeal out loud when I opened my little package at work as I love all the colours, especially Guestlist and Heartbreaker!!!  
(FYI, I am back into darker lips after rocking the peachy/coral lips all summer)


Enough of babbling (or writing in this case) and lets move on to swatches and you will understand where am I coming from. :)

- Guestlist, Nude Pink, Heartbreaker, Birthday Suit and Alarm - 

As you can tell from the swatches, the colours are extremely vibrant and super pigmented!!! <3
Awesome quality for such an affordable price!!!

This is definitely my favourite in the lot!! 

As mentioned earlier, I have recently rekindle my love with darker lipsticks, but bright, bloody red lips is not exactly appropriate for a corporate environment. To me, at least. 

Guestlist is THE perfect coral shade - its not too over the top bold but bold enough to brighten up the entire look. I can forsee this colour to be my "lipstick of the week" for a while - probably throughout autumn. :)

Nude Pink is more of a peachy-coral ish colour, which reminds me of Crush and MAC Lipstick in Jazzed. 

I have been wearing this colour pretty much all summer, so this little baby will probably spend some time hibernating in my make up stash when the weather is cold. Then again, Adeline has her mood when it comes to lipstick colours. We shall see about that. :)

Heart Breaker is a stunning fushia coloured to be added to the bright and bold department. 

I wore this out over the weekend, with minimal neutral eye make up and really like it! I might even try this to work one day although it's a tad too bold for my liking (to work that is). I don't think my work really mind but I don't really feel comfortable with such an eye-striking colour as yet. 

For those of you who watches Xteeener's videos would of probably heard her rave about this colour countless time. I have always wanted to try it out but never really have the chance to.

I tried Birthday Suit sometime last week and I can definitely see where Xteeener is coming from. It's a gorgeous nude colour which doesn't make you look like a chronic patient. I reckon it goes really well with dramatic smokey eyes.

Last but not least, Alarm

This is the one that I currently owned and it is still in the old packaging as you can see.
This is the perfect colour for 1950s-inspired look like my Mad Men FOTD but definitely not an everyday colour.  


Rimmel's new lasting finish offers the perfect combination of colour, coverage, intensity, shine and comfort thanks to an advanced glide-on formulation incorporating Colour Protect technology, which delivers up to 25% more colour impact than traditional lipsticks.

Get the London look with the iconic long-lasting lipstick from Rimmel London - non-stop vibrant colour and shine for up to 8 hours!


RRP $9.95.
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick is available from selected David Jones, Priceline, Kmart, Target, Big W, Coles stores and pharmacies nationally.


What is your favourite out of the lot?
Have you tried anything from Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick range? 



Disclaimer: The above lipsticks were sent to me for trial and review purposes. I am not compensated for this post and as always the review is my 100% honest opinion. 


XOXO,
A

6 comments:

faye lu said...

love heartbreaker on you. hot hot hot. i'd get it JUST for the name =) thanks for sharing - these are the 1st swatches i've seen xo

Jen W said...

Want Alarm!! I am a sucker for bright oranges :)

Anonymous said...

I've got heartbreaker and I love it!
It is my type of colour,I just love bright clours! I also want alarm I tried it from someone else and it is a lovly colour which is why I have to get it.

Carol Lee said...

I can tell that you like "Alarm" the most. :)

buy makeup online

Soobin said...

Lovee all of those colours!

Unknown said...

hi
I have this colour but i dont know what the name on this colour is. So i hope you could help me to find that out. I need new one because it is broken.

Mvh Maria https://scontent.fsvg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/13652298_10207423227207873_919721561_n.jpg?oh=a8fb8a97512e5cdce1c1b69fc76df027&oe=5782A78B

contact me on this mail julestjernen@hotmail.com

LinkWithin