TGIF is not something I would say often, only during my internship days as being a Commerce student simply means 3-days-week and every week is a long weekend for me. However, after spending the entire week at work, with almost full time hours, I was really looking forward to this weekend. (And also, the first time ever to feel the whole long weekend hype). My Friday wasn't a good one, I must say. Apart from being stuck at work (the generating cash flow part is sweet though =P), I got my rejection from KPMG after my application being put on hold (or like what they call it " still in consideration") for 1.5 weeks. What a way to start my weekend. :(
Thank god, it got slightly better after having Happy Hour (2 for 1) cocktails @ Kuletos, Newtown with Wendy after work and we ended the night with fatty but yummy Thai Food.
Enough of whining and complaints. How was your Friday, lovelies? Hope it was much better than mine. :)
Let's proceed to the HauLLLLLLL. I have always enjoyed watching haul videos/ reading haul posts, so I decided to start my very first haul post (since YT is failing me atm) and I am sure MANY more to come. :)
MAC Small Zip Up Make Up Case, LUSH Snow Fairy Solid Perfume, MAC Florabundance Lipglass and a few LUSH soap samples.
So, while waiting for Wendy in the city last night, I headed to Priceline, with the initial intention to just grab my eye drops (which I desperately needed as my contact lenses were acting on me) and meet up with her. I conveniently forgotten about the promotion a friend of mine told me a week ago, a friggin' awesome promotion which I will probably attempt to shoot myself if I miss.
I don't mean to sound like I am an affluent brat or whatsoever, but spending $50 in Priceline is not really a mission at all, considering how expensive and overpriced drugstore products are in Australia. Took me less than 10 minutes to grab a few products which added up to a grand total of $52.50.
'RIMMEL Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Royal Blue (as I am currently into the whole Neutral POP Look)
'ECOTOOLS Bamboo Foundation Brush
' REVLON PhotoReady foundation in Natural Beige (Yes, I have finally jumped the PhotoReady bandwagon)
' REVLON ColorStay Eyeliner in Black (Got this for free, wanted to to try their Mascara, but they ran out :( )
NOW, let's move on to the goodie bag, shall we???
All the goodies come in this gorgeous shinny black tote bag ♥
- MANICARE Concealer Brush
- REVLON Color Stay Velvet Creme Sample in Natural Beig
- PRESTIGE Cosmetics Eyehadow in Suede
- 1000 Hour Colour Lashes ( It would have been better if it doesn't have rhinestones attached to it)
- REVLON Nail Enamel in 791 Midnight Affair ( Although I have never really been a fan of blue, I really like this colour. I have just painted my nails with this new baby, so stay tune for NOTD.)
-SHE Wash Away Milk Cleanser (Never knew the existent of the brand SHE but I guess it's worth giving a go since my skin generally doesn't react when I switch products)
- BIORE Pore Unclogging Scrub ( It is stated on the packaging that this is a Sacylic Acid Acne Treatment and I barely get acnes, so I doubt I will use it)
- INNOXA Daily Moisture Protection with SPF 15.
- Swisspers Cucumber Cleansing Wipes
- PALMER's Body Gloss
- PALMER's Concentrated Cream, which softens and relieves rough, dry skin.
- PALMER's Foot Magic, which deeply moisturizes rough, dry skin and apparently soothes tired feet. (Maybe I should try it after clubbing tonight LOL)
- Charles Worthington Stay Smooth Shampoo (Charles what? Haven't heard of this brand before but will definitely try this out after my curly and frizzy in growns start to dominate my rebonded hair.
- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
- Marc Daniels Big Hair Intensive Thickening Cream ( My hair is thick enough, thank you very much)
That's a whole load of freebies for $52.50, including the Revlon promotion. I did not actually do the math there but by the look of it, it is definitely value for money albeit there were quite a few random products included.
If you're living in Australia and there's a Priceline near your place (which I am pretty sure there is, since Priceline is EVERYWHERE), what are you waiting for? =P
The Marketing Teams are very intelligent beings. By issuing you a loyalty card, and a few tiny rebates here and there every month, not-so-rational consumers (like yours truly) are highly likely to spend some ka-ching at the store eventhough we don't really need that product nor like it. We buy simply because it is "so cheap"and its "on offer" and we "accumulate points" anyway.
The few products that I have grabbed in the past one month:
- PHYSICIAN FORMULA Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Matte Finishing Veil in Translucent Organics
- RIMMEL I ♥ Lasting Finish in Tangerine Queen
- MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
- MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lipstick (It took me a while to decide whether I should get this but I am glad that I finally bought it cos I am absolutely in love with this colour! HEY, its limited edition and all the proceeds from sales goes to MAC AIDS Fund)
- SPORTS GIRL Shade Lady EyeColour in Holy Smoke
- MAYBELLINE Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Please
This is an exceptional circumstance, where I do actually want all of these products, except for the Physician Formula's Mineral Finish. I bought it because I was sent a $10 Physician Formula Voucher by Priceline along with my loyalty card and Priceline was having 20% off all skincare products a week ago. *Fail in being a rational spender*
A couple more purchases/ freebies I got:
Creamy Scaled Bag from Sports Girl - Got this gorgeous bag for $14.95 from $39.95. *absolute steal*
My love for animal printed stuffs is getting slightly unhealthy.
Got this gorgeous dress and the animal printed top for 15 bucks each at Market City.
FREE Bec & Bridge Tote that comes with May's CLEO
I shall end this post with the LUSH goodies I received from Joanna's Giveaway =P
LUSH Snow Fairy Shower Gel ( I have used this a couple of times already and I LOVE IT!♥)
LUSH The Comforter Bubble Bar
LUSH Melting Marshmallow Moment
Missing in this picture are: Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter and Christina Aguilera Signature Body Lotion.
Once again, thanks so much for these goodies, Joanna :) I can now say, I am no longer a LUSH virgin =P It is an absolutely bliss to have nice shower with fragrant shower gel/soap after a long day at work. I can now understand the whole LUSH craze on YouTube as well as around the beauty world. Can't wait to try out more LUSH products in the future.
What is your favourite LUSH item? Leave a comment and let me know :)
Disclaimer: All products were purchased using my own money except for the products I received from a giveaway.