Monday, February 21, 2011

SWAP WITH GWEN FROM FASHION INTERVENTION & SWAP LIFTING


Happy Monday (not) everyone! 

Hope you had a great weekend and did not wake up with a cranky pants! Don't worry, there's nothing a good cuppa can't fix! Or at least, make your Monday more bearable. :P

In order to make up for the lack of post in the past couple of weeks, I decided to blog instead of turning to my CA textbooks. (when I really should be since my first focus session is tomorrow. =.=" 3 hours after work! GG me.) 


ANYWAYS, 

it's about time to FINALLY blog about my swap with Gwen from Fashion Intervention. :) 

Gwen contacted me on twitter, asking if I'd like to do a swap after she found out that I was going to Singapore & Malaysia for a short trip over Christmas. Although I was a little skeptical after I suspected my very first swap has gone into South China Sea (ie, swap lifted), I agreed to it since I have always wanted to try Wet & Wild products! 
I was SO GLAD when I received her package at work and this was my FIRST swap package that I actually received.  (More details about swap lifting after showcasing all the goodies Gwen got me!)

Nicely wrapped Wet & Wild palettes and Wet & Wild Gel Eyeliner in Black & Eggplant from Gwen. 
As you can tell, most of the products are Wet & Wild and the lovely Gwen included a few goodies in the package too. :)

I did not take individual photos of the eyeliners but I gotta say those gel liners are as good as the reviews! I haven't been using my good ol' Maybeline Eyestudio Drama Lasting Eyeliner ever since I received these gel liners. Don't get me wrong, I have been using the Maybeline Eyestudio Drama Lasting Eyeliner for the past 1.5 years, so it's time for a change. :)

Here are the 4 Wet & Wild Colour Icon Palettes :

(For those of you who don't know, all Wet & Wild Colour Icon Palettes come with 3 matte and 3 shimmer colours - usually a lid, a outer corner and a highlight colour!)

GREED

VANITY - my ALL TIME FAVOURITE! <3 

PRIDE
I just did a "party" look recently using this palette. :P CLICK TO VIEW.

LUST

I couldn't stop reiterating how much I LOVE these palettes - affordable price, gorgeous colours, great pigmentation. What more can you ask for? 


Stay tune for swatches and review of these palettes soon! :)


Gwen also got me 3 Wet & Wild Colour Icon Pencil Liner in Black, Turquoise and Sky Blue. 

Sky Blue looks gorgeous but I am yet to try these out as I have been trying to stay within my comfort zone ( Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencils and Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencils) when it comes to waterline pencil liner due to summer! Can't wait to try them out when the weather gets cooler. 



The goodies included in the package (Thanks love! <3):

ELF Eyelid Primer - which I have been using daily now. :)

Lash Maximum Lash Enhancer - which I am yet to try out too! Will definitely do a review and let you guys know how I like this product once I have tried them out. :P

Gwen also included 2 other Sally Baked Eyeshadows in Pink and Turquoise for me but I have forgotten to snap photos of them and my camera ran out of battery! =.=" Fret not lovelies, I will try to post  up some FOTDs using those 2 gorgeous baked shadows. :)

I really had fun swapping with Gwen and we are in the process of having our second swap!!! But there's a slight delay on my side as I have been busy with work and the start of CA program! Will definitely try to get your stuff for you this week love! 

Don't forget to check out her lovely blog HERE. :P

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

Back to the swap-lifting I was on earlier........


So, prior to swapping with Gwen, I entered into a "swap agreement" with this blogger called Prettyholic (which I am sure many of you are familiar with her or have heard stories about her!) early December last year. And the agreement was for her to send me Skin 79 BB Cream and this 88 Tropical Colours Palette and in return, she gets to pick 45 bucks worth of stuff from Cherry Culture since stuff are a tad more expensive here in Australia (which is fair enough).
She received her Cherry Culture package 1.5 weeks after we both sent out our packages but I have yet to receive mine after 3 weeks. I have asked her a few times regarding that but she was giving me excuses like "Christmas is delaying the postage and yadadada...." After my Asia trip and it's the start of the new year but my package is still no where to be seen! And that's when I started to realise that I might be potentially swap - lifted. 

During the period while I was waiting for my package, I  have received msgs/emails regarding her being a scammer but I chose to ignore those msgs/ emails. Reason being, I have met really sweet people through the beauty blogging community and became really good friends so I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. But as time passed and no package is to be seen, and the excuses she gave are getting more and more contradicting, it suddenly seems pretty clear that I have been swap lifted. 

Mind you, this did not happen to me alone. Apparently there are few other bloggers out there who has been swap lifted and being scammed by her so-called-online-blogshop, including the lovely Grace! For those of you who knows Grace personally would of known what a lovely and nice girl she is. She bought some stuff out of good will to support Prettyholic's so-called "new blogshop" when she could of easily bought them in Singapore and she never received her stuff too!

It took me a while to finally blog about this issue as I didn't want to jump into conclusion and stir some shit (should my assumption wasn't true). But I reckon 2.5 months is MORE than enough to give someone the benefit of the doubt! And, such shameless behaviour should definitely be known to public!
Just because you needed money for your wedding, that doesn't give you the right to scam the innocents. I am sure everyone of us needs money for our own reason (be it a necessity or a "want"). That doesn't constitute a reason to swap lift or con your customers. It is just downright shameless!!! People like this is such a disgrace to the beauty blogging community!


/rant finish


So my fellow beauties out there, be cautious of who you are going to swap with. Again, don't get me wrong, there are heaps of genuinely nice people out there who genuinely wants to swap with you! 

Just a quick photo before I sign off, just so I don't have an angry ending to this post. :)

Simple beach FOTD - waterproof mascara, fill in my brows, bronzer & blusher. 
( I think I look like a kid without make up =.=")


Hope you guys have a great week!!!! :P


XOXO

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg such people do exist? It's ok what goes around comes around.

Anyway cute FOTD :)

Dempeaux said...

That's terrible! I just visited her site and noticed that she's 'starting again'. No negative comments, nothing. She's erased the lot. You must feel so angry!

http://prettyh0lic.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow, those WetnWild palettes look gorgeous. Too bad we don't yet have them in Aussie yet =(
Would love to see FOTD with them! xo

Gaby Fauchon said...

great swap! I have the Wet N WIld palette in Vanity and Lust and love thme! Awesome for the price (=

Lovera | Your Way to Radiant and Beautiful Skin said...

Great blog I love reading such blog, Thanks for sharing.

Fruity Lashes said...

it rwally sucks that you got swap lifted but at least this time it all worked out. everything looks nice too.

Lourdes Rona said...

Please beware! Lucky aka Prettyholic is a big SCAMMER!

Nicol said...

shame that some people who u get to know very well ends up being scammer. shame on them!

sweetescape/armywife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sweetescape said...

OMG i am from the Philippines and yes PRETTYHOLIC/PRETTYVILLE aka LUCKY LYN WONG is a scammer.. she scammed a large amount of money from her resellers and customers.. her latest was i think aroun 300-400usd due to her crazy scamming a page and a group was made to warn buyers and sellers alike about her scamming.. i was never a victim of her but friends of friends were claiming they were victims.. Im sorry to hear about it.. she's just so bad.. i made a post about here on my blog last year come see

http://sweetescapepretty.blogspot.com/search/label/prettyholic%2Fprettyville

Anna said...

that's so terrible! eek what an awful b!@TcH! i really hope more people are aware of such nasty scammers grrr

xoxo elle
ps: i like the lust purple most!

ExquisiteJenn said...

Wow, I can't believe that Prettyholic is a scammer...I've always interacted with her on a friendly basis on twitter. Good to know...I almost did a swap with her too!!!

Lourdes Rona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hotesses accueil Lyon said...

I like this creativity. This is small thing but very useful. Specially I like its middle and top part. This is very intelligently designed.

Anonymous said...

I have actually ordered the "Manly 120 Palette" from her before. It was pretty good. I honestly think this is a case of failed business rather than a "scam." This is only coming from my experience though, I didn't get "scammed" so I guess i'm not really affected much. (And besides, i live in HK and i guess i got it better since she's a friend) Sorry to the ones that got the bad end to it though :(

Anonymous said...

Prettyholic aka Lucky Wong is still out there to scam.... to all her victims can you help us expose her misdoings. She's selling her stuff in this group and continue scamming people. https://www.facebook.com/groups/294230537337692/

This is her new facebook profile

https://www.facebook.com/luckylyn.pascual?fref=ts

Anonymous said...

She's with UNASCOS now.

Anonymous said...

She's with Prime Zoenix. Network marketing yan. Sa mga nabiktima nya, well she's here in the Philippines.

LinkWithin