Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mini Haul : GLOSSI

Hey lovelies,

It's haul time again.=) This is one of the many hauls I have been splurging on lately. I should really stop being a badass to my bank account and impose a make up shopping ban on myself... Soon, I promise.

I made my first purchase from Glossi a couple of weeks back. :) It's an Australian based online cosmetic store which sells mostly drugstore products at a much cheaper price.

Let me enlighten you guys who aren't from Australia a lil bit. Drugstore products isn't dirt cheap like the States or Canada or even the UK due to tax. For instances, a Maybelline Smokey Quad costs A$15.95 here whereas you can get it for approximately 5 bucks in the States. You think 15dollars for Revlon PhotoReady foundation is expensive? It costs A$39.95 here. A Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick costs about A$25 whereas my Viva Glam Gaga lipstick is only 10 bucks extra. Yeh, you get my point.

Here are the stuff I ordered from Glossi, not as much as I'd love it to be but I gotta control adding everything I like or have my eyes on into the cart to avoid killing my bank account.=( So,just mainly the products that I have heard/ read many good reviews about and have been wanting to try them out for the longest time.

Finally got hold of my very first CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara after all the raves that I have heard over the years, on how good this mascara is. Can't wait to try them out, after I finish my Maybelline Magnum Volum' Mascara.

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Ivory Light. I use this to set my BB cream/ foundation. I love how it feels so soft (is this even the right word to describe? lol) and doesn't feel cakey on my face and most importantly, it doesn't make my face feel dryer than it already is.

Loreal Lineur Intense Eyeliner in Earthen Rock Brown ( I got this colour by mistake =.=" Really wanted the carbon black one)

To be honest, this eyeliner will probably be one of the products that I regret buying. It certainly did not look as pigmented as the swatches above, especially when you use it over eyeshadows. I will probably try to use it during my lazy-cbf-days - days where I only have eyeliner, mascara and blush on. Feel kinda bad if I just chuck it away since I just bought it.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Laser Lavender (Limited Edition)
I kinda bought this by impulse. I really wanted a purple undertoned lipstick after trying on MAC's Liberty of London's Petals & Peacocks Lipstick but it was too expensive. 41bucks!!! =( So, I seek solace in this lipstick instead wtf. I think this one costs A$4.99 (if I am not mistaken) but is definitely under 10 bucks and I saw Priceline selling it for A$20. o.0

- With flash- The flash kinda pink-ified the colour.(Looks like an entirely different colour!) It is definitely more purple-ish than this, as you can see from the photo below.

-Without flash- I didn't like it when I first got it as I find the colour a little too sheer but the colour is definitely buildable and I am incorporating this lippie into my daily look more often now. :)

A better illustration of the colour.

Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Coral Me Wild. I have been wanting to try this for ages but I don't think its available in the drugstores here. I am really glad that I found them on Glossi.

Left: With flash; Right: Without flash
Look how gorgeous those colours are!!! I use it as a base before applying my eyeshadows so they last longer. Will post a couple of FOTDs using this creme shadow soon!

I paid A$53ish for all these products including shipping, which I reckon is pretty reasonable for Australian standard. So, my dear Aussie beauties, do check Glossi out if you want to get drugstore products at a lower price. The shipping was heaps efficient too, I received my package after 3 working days, as promised. Waiting for packages can be really torturing, just like my ELF package from the UK (which I will save for another post =P). So, efficient shipping always scores extra brownie points from me! :)


Have you tried any of these products? Let me know whether it is a yay or nay.


PS: I have been reading a lot of great reviews about the Wet & Wild Palette and I am contemplating whether I should get them. It costs U$5 from nonpareilboutique from but shipping costs almost as much as the product itself. Do you think the product is worth paying for the shipping?

Disclaimer: All these products are purchased using my own money

XOXO,
A

5 comments:

paige said...

i know what you mean about the price mark ups! its ridiculous. have you been to crushcosmetics.com.au? they sell elf, nyx, urban decay etc very decent prices too.
im currently on the glossi site :)
xox paige

Unknown said...

I am hooked on http://www.crushcosmetics.com.au/ They do sell NYX cosmetics here in Melbourne at Groove but there is not much variety. I am definitely checking out this Glossi site :)

http://nurisrandom.blogspot.com/

xXx

Gaby Fauchon said...

Yey for LashBlast! And the Revlon lipstick looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The pink lipstick is so pretty on you! Never heard of this company but lovely haul!

Unknown said...

[paige] Tell me about it!Yeh, bought some stuff from them about a month ago.:) But it doesn't work out to be much cheaper than the US sites, especially with the strong AUD atm =P

[Nur] You should!!! Their price is far more reasonable than your everyday drugstore price :)

[Gaby] Yes, they are!! I am starting to like it more each day.

[NicNic] Thanks hun :)

LinkWithin