Saturday, May 1, 2010

Reasons to love the 88 Warm Colour Palette.



Let's start with the obvious - this is probably one of the most value for money palette in the market. I paid A$ 34.95 for it from Crush Cosmetics. I think Coastal Scents is selling for less than $30 but I reckon after all the exchange rate and shipping, it probably worked out to be about the same.
35 bucks for 88 colours? And you're able to create 84023802348023482084023 looks from these 88 colours. If you don't think this is value for money, well I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Money matters aside, the colours are REALLY pigmented and long lasting. My make up stayed all day (approx 10-12 hours) without using any primer. I do however, use cream shadow as a base.
- Note: This might vary depending on your skin type. I have EXTREMELY dry skin, hence creasing is never really a problem for me unless I have been sweating profusely (which is usually never the case unless I am clubbing =.=") -

The only downside of this palette is the eyeshadow is a little chalky. So be sure to dab off any excess before applying or else you're probably gonna have to spend some time cleaning away the fall offs.


ANYWAYS,

What happens most of the morning is, I open my palette, stare at it for a good 2 minutes and decide the "colours of the day" depending on my mood, and start applying them. Unless I am going on a hot date, it is highly unlikely that I will paint a "look" in my head before applying them. It's about spontaneity and creativity, folks!

Here are few of the 84023802348023482084023 looks that you're able to create from this palette:

MATTE LATTE

For starters, it allows you to create the simplest yet gorgeous neutral - everyday look.


GOLDEN SANCTUARY

Matte is not really your cup of tea? Fret not. There are more than a handful of shimmery colours which allows you to create a brighter look. =P


Instead of the usual,boring black liner, you can always opt for a coloured one. And for this look here, I decided to go with a gold eyeliner by Rimmel to intensify the "goldness" of the look. I have also applied some shimmery silver colour in the inner tear duct area to brighten up the look. Reckon it's a little too shimmery to be your everyday look?

Not when you put on your favourite pair of glasses :) Like mentioned in my previous posts, I have been trying to pull off the sexy secretary look wearing glasses pretty often in the past 2 weeks as I have to get up early for work. One of the perks of wearing glasses is, I get to experiment with different looks (even the slightly more dramatic ones) without feeling too over the top as the glasses will divert the attention away from the make up. =)

Remember, wearing glasses doesn't spell ugly. All you need is a more shimmery look which stands out behind those sexy, thick frames.

PLUM WINE

Believe it or not, this look took me less than 15 minutes to create. Only 2 colours were used here - a champagne colour with shimmer & a dark plum colour (matte) and its all about blending baby.



SMOKE ME UP #1









SMOKE ME UP #2








These are just part of the looks I have created ever since I laid my hands on this palette. And the other half of them, well, I probably forgotten to snap a few shots. They look kinda similar but they are not.=P Hope you guys like it and have a great weekend, lovelies!

What's your favourite palette and favourite look? Leave a comment below and share the love. =)

Disclaimer: The 88 Warm Colour Palette was purchased using my own money and I am not affliated with the company mentioned above.

XOXO,
A

4 comments:

Anastacia said...

I need some CS palettes too! Love the pigmintation of the eye shadows!
Wow! A lot of looks done!

Susie said...

I love the 88 Warm Palette as well :D

DiWiMakeup said...

"If you don't think this is value for money, well I don't think we can be friends anymore. " hahahahaha so funny!
I need to get my hands on that palette.

xo, Diana

Anonymous said...

great job with the palette! I really like how you lined your eyes ^^

LinkWithin