Saturday, August 21, 2010

ETUDE HOUSE MAGIC BB CREAM REVIEW

So, what exactly those BB Cream stands for? 
Why is it BB and not CC and not DD or ZZ? (Ok, not funny =.=") 

According to my good friend Google, double B stands for Blemish Balm and it is extremely popular in Asia and is starting to gain some attention in the Western countries lately too. 
It was formulated to be an all in one foundation, sunscreen and moisturizer. Apparently, it all started with a Korean actress who had undergone laser surgery. Your skin is thinned and needs heaps of protection from the sun after surgery but foundation is apparently one of the staple product for most women (not for me!). Hence, the birth of BB cream which works as a foundation, sunscreen and moisturizer.

Okay. 
Let's just say I am quite a consumer whore in the sense that I tend to buy things because "so and so say is good" or because "I have read heaps of good review about it" or simply because "its such a hyped up/ IN product at the moment". Only to a certain extent though. I haven't bought NARS Sheer Foundation nor Smashbox Face Primer =P 
Hence, when I bought my first BB cream - Etude House Magic BB Cream, I didn't know what's so good about BB Cream and all I knew was apparently Asians love BB Cream.
And guess what? The Asian in me managed to convince myself to purchase not one but TWO tubes of Etude House BB Magic Cream when I knew nothing about that product, simply because it was on 50% off.
That makes it RM39.95 for TWO tubes, that's approximately A$13 - which is a friggin' awesome deal!!!

ETUDE HOUSE BB MAGIC CREAM (Moisturising)
But fret not, that was definitely one of my best purchases so far! I love how easy it is to apply and it provides me with pretty good coverage without suffocating my skin! It even made it to one of my JUNE favourites! :)


What Etude House says:
" BB Magic Cream offers natural looking coverage that nourishes, corrects skin tone and protects against sun damage."


Directions: 

After facial cleansing, apply a small amount of product to hands and spread evenly across facial surface. Cream may give a whitish appearance upon initial application and will naturally blend with skin tone once lotion sets.


BEFORE -  my naked face , hence the uneven skin tone & dark circles.
(I did however apply toner, moisturizer and suncreen prior to taking this photo)

I wear this on an almost daily basis, except the days where I am home (d'uh) or during night outings, in which I will replace it with Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation. 

I usually pump a tiny pump (about pea size) before applying it across my face.

Lightly blended out.

Fully blended out.

AFTER applying Etude House Magic BB Cream

As I have dry and sensitive skin, my main problems are mainly uneven skin tone (redness) and under eyes dark circle. I would say that Etude House Magic BB Cream did a pretty good job in terms of coverage and it gives a dewy, natural glow after applying it. On the days where I am rushing for time, I could just use a lil extra to provide better coverage for my undereye circles without having to use a concealer.

PROS:
* Provide sufficient coverage - sheer to medium ( I know many people find the coverage too light but I reckon it works just fine for me)
* Long staying power 
* Light weight (It doesn't feel like its suffocating my skin after wearing it for long hours as compared to Revlon PhotoReady Foundation)
* It gives a natural, dewy glow & a flawless finish :)
* Inexpensive ( Come on, A$13 for TWO tubes? They last for ages too! I have been using mine since last December and its still not finished :D)
* Convenient ( Blend perfectly without having to use a brush)

CONS:
* The pump ( It's get's a little messy sometimes)
* Only one shade available (which isn't really a problem for me as I have pretty Asian skin, ie fair)



RATING: 5/5
There's nothing much for me to complain about this product besides the pump (which is not much of a biggie to me!)
Will I repurchase it? 
Not at the moment as I have another brand new tube, which is probably enough to last me another year or so. And, I really wanna try out Skin 79 BB Cream that has been raved by alot of beauty bloggers out there.


* Click HERE to see the finished look :) *
I hope that my make up less face did not scare the shit out of you guys. =/

I hope this review is helpful to those of you out there who has been wanting to try BB cream but is unsure of what exactly BB cream is and which brand to choose from. =P


ARE YOU A FAN OF BB CREAM? WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BRAND?


xoxo,
A

9 comments:

TINA said...

Thanks for the review! I've been looking for a new BB cream to try.

Anonymous said...

what are you talkin about girl you have great skin w/o makeup on! the bb cream looks very natural and glowy on you!!

Susie said...

Omg, what Nic Nic said! Your skin looks perfect!

♥Bunny♥ said...

great review!! Simply said :)

Anonymous said...

BB CREAM are awesome! they have honestly saved my skin for the past year! : )

noone said...

ohhh so that's what a bb cream is for! tats nice and convinent, to just put on 1 thing instad of 3 different things in the morning

Maeve Rachel said...

I would LOVE to try BB cream but I'm too pale!! o.O ha ha finding liquid foundation is an impossible quest for me as I'm paler than all MAC ones and any others I've tried have been too yellow once they try to be pale XP wish I could use BB creams, they sound amazing and so handy!

Anna said...

i cant live w/o my bb ^^ n my 1st bb was etude house too!

xoxo elle

Jadegrrrl said...

Great review, I'll have to put this one on my list of things to try :)

LinkWithin