Saturday, June 5, 2010

Mini Haul + FOTD

I know I am *meant to* be on a make up ban for at least a month as of last week but I was in desperate need of a good eyelash glue for the box-full of falsies that I have. The last one I bought from SASA when I was in Malaysia was piece of shit. It was extremely diluted, doesn't hold and it messes my make up in my 29472893472834 fruitless attempt to put it on. I resorted to getting some random eyelash glue from Priceline cos I couldn't find Ardell lash glue, which works alright. Pass conceded.

Living in a country where alot of make up are scarce resources (by that, I mean its hard to acquire from your local drugstore or departmental store) and are only available through the e-World, ie online shopping, I was left with no other alternatives but to purchase DUO LashGlue online,which I *conveniently* added a few other items along with that purchase.

CrushCosmetics' delivery is incredulously efficient. I made my order on Wednesday midnight, got a comfirmation email on Thursday saying the package has been sent and I woke up to my package on Friday morning. :D I absolutely hate waiting for packages. =/

It is nicely wrapped in pink with the company's label.

And, the products were nicely and carefully wrapped with 2 layers of bubble wraps,for extra protection.

I made my first purchase with CrushCosmetics a couple of months ago and that was my 88 warm colour palette which I have been raving alot about on TBE and a few of the colours were broken and there were fallouts all over the place. I took a photo and emailed it to enquire about their return/exchange policy. They said I could keep the 88 palette and they give me a refund in the form of gift cerificate (discount code to use at check out) and I received the code almost instantly. Definitely 5-stars for their customer service. :D

The VERY FEW *cough* items I bought and the Ulta3 Nail Colour was a freebie from CrushCosmetics. :)

  1. DUO Adhesive Eyelash Glue
  2. China Glaze Nail Polish For Audrey
  3. China Glaze Nail Polish For Re-Fresh Mint
  4. NYX Eyepencil sharperner (for my NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil)

In my defense, both the Eyelash Glue and Eyepencil sharperner are essentials and I have been wanting to try China Glaze Nail Polish since forever and these are the 2 colours that I fell in love when I first found out about them! Morever, I am already paying $5.45 for shipping, might as well include an extra product or two to make it more worth it, right???? *big wide grin* AND, nail polish is not really make up. LOL.

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

FOTD - What I wore out last night ( am too exhausted to think of a creative name =.=")

-With Flash-

On my EYES
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Alice in the Wonderland Book of Shadow Palette
  • Mad Hater (all over lid)
  • Wonderland (Inner corner of my crease)
  • Absolem (Outer half of my crease)
  • Jabberwocky (Outer V)
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Black (Upper Lashline)
RIMMEL Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in Jungle Green (Lower LashLine)
Random Asian Falsies (I used 2 pairs here to create more volume)
RIMMEL Glam Eye Lash Flirt Mascara in Black
ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium


On my FACE
REVLON ColorStay Foundation in Natural Beige
MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Powder in Ivory Light
RIMMEL Powder Blush in Pink Rose

On my LIPS
REVLON Matte Lipsticks in Nude Attitude
NYX MegaShine Lipgloss in Frosted Beige

For once, I did not have 24823048208402 shameless camwhoric shots for one FOTD as I was running late and didn't have time to camwhore LOL.

I have heard a few people telling me that Nude Attitude is hard to pull off. The best combination I could come up with at the moment is to pair it with NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Frosted Beige. I do like the colour but it emphasizes on my dry lips, so it looks kinda gross. The Lipgloss does cover it up a little but I am still trying to figure a better way to wear it.


Do you have REVLON Matte Lipsticks in Nude Attitude? What's your favourite way of wearing it?


XOXO,
A

10 comments:

Julie said...

Hey, how much did you buy the China Glaze polishes for ?

Unknown said...

Hey... Its $9.95 each excluding postage. Postage is $5.45 up to a certain weight.

Julie said...

Oh that's pricey. I get mine for $5 each at the nail supply. I can help you buy some if you want ^__^V

Unknown said...

Yeh, I find it a lil steep for nail polishes but I really wanted those 2 colours and that was this only way to get it.

Ohhhh, which nail supply do you go to?? Thanksss babe :D

Ee Von said...

my bf's coming back from melb soon and i took the advantage and did some shopping at crush too! can't wait for my package :D that's a lovely look you did! i have nude attitude but haven't used it yet. maybe try dabbing instead of swiping? or try to use nude attitude on top of a gloss.

Julie said...

I go to the one in Bankstown :) It's a short walk from my house ^^

Unknown said...

[Eevon] Haha.. Some of their stuff are pretty pricey though but I guess thats our only source of US products. :( Yeh, I might try it on top of my faithful Papaw Ointment and see how itgoes.

[Julie] Ohhh!! Janice from Chaigyaru did mention about the Bankstown nail supply before but it is such a trek to get there. Do you go there often? :D

Julie said...

Yeah I read on Janice's blog she goes there too. I walk pass there like nearly everyday LOL.

Unknown said...

LOL that's awesome! I wish I live close to a nail supply too (probably not that good for my bank account LOL)... Let me know when are you getting stuff from there again =P

Julie said...

Haha, I usually stop myself from walking in ! I can go anytime, it's open 7 days a week. Let me know when you want something and I'll help you out :)

LinkWithin